Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day Weekend


Jon and I had a fun, and interesting, time this weekend! On Saturday we went to Matt and Kim's house and played Settlers of Catan! Jon won, of course. And I didn't, of course. Haha! It was really fun and it was so nice to see Matt and Kim again!!

After that we went to Costco and Jon bought me pink lilies, my favorite flower, and then we met with Josh and Jamie to take Jamie down to see the Pinnacle building. Unfortunately, the building was closed so we couldn't give her a tour of the inside. It was disappointing but not a big deal. So we went Johnny Carinos for dinner! It was yummy and lots of fun! Then we went to their apartment and watched 'Taken'. That movie is so intense! It just never calms down! It was crazy!! After the movie we ate a snack and started talking. Then Josh and Jon decided to watch an episode of South Park and towards the end Jamie and I joined them. It was really fun to spend some time with them!

We got home around 11:30 and saw a car in the driveway getting ready to leave. So we drove past and turned around, then revved our engine and sped up to scare whoever it was. We found out later that it was one of my sister's date. We got out of the car and were chuckling about it when the guy from across the street started yelling at us. It took us a minute to realize he was talking to us. He kept yelling "Are you serious?!!" We were confused. So he came across the street and was getting in Jon's face and yelling about how he has kids in the neighborhood and calling him names! (We never even got above the speed limit, it was only about 10 feet that we even sped up at all.) He grabbed Jon and started pushing him around. His girlfriend ran over to try to stop him. He was holding a cigarette and definitely smelled of alcohol. It was so scary and I didn't know what to do. I finally decided to reach for my phone to call 911 when Jon told the guy that he already had them on the phone. He finally got him to let go and we hurried inside. I was so freaked out and I was shaking. Eventually the cops came over to talk to Jon and then they went to talk to the neighbors. It was not the funnest end to our night. I'm still nervous whenever we get home, afraid that he might still be mad about it.


Anyway, so that was that. On Sunday we went to church and then came home and exchanged presents! I got Jon a salt cellar, which he has been wanting for a long time. He got me some awesome measuring tools for cooking and the book 'Julie & Julia'!!! I was SO excited!! He is so amazing at giving gifts, he always knows just what to give me and certainly outdoes me every time!! It's something I'm trying to get better at!! Afterwards we went over to the Peterson's house to play games! It was really fun!! We had a great time!! Then we came 'home' around 5 and we made dinner for my family. We made Pesto Calabrese Pasta with Breaded Chicken, Steamed Broccoli, and Jon's amazing Homemade Bread! I made the pasta sauce so that I could count it as one of my recipes (Jon always makes it so this time I did). We ate with Jon's favorite pasta, bucatini, that we got in Italy. It was SO yummy!! I loved it!! Then my mom brought out Ghirardelli squares and peach sparkling cider for dessert! It rocked! That night Jon set up some candles in our room and he turned on 'August Rush' which is a special movie for the two of us. He then spent 20 minutes massaging my back, shoulders, arms, and legs. It was really sweet and super romantic! Gosh I love my husband! He never ceases to amaze me!!


This recipe is Jon's creation!

Our Valentines Day was great and I hope that yours was awesome as well!!

1 comment: