Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Job Is Screwing Up My Spelling

So for those of you who don't know, I work at home as a medical transcriptionist.  I really enjoy it and I think I am pretty good at is as well!

I get medical words crammed into my head all day long, which is great because I can't do my job without that focus; however, I often find my mind just racing with a bunch of nonsensical words that don't have to do with anything just because those are the words I am used to hearing.

On the plus side, with Jon being in medical school it is really helpful because I know exactly what he talking about, which has been very enjoyable!

However, sometimes I find myself a little hindered when I am not in the work setting.  I try to use my word expanders in places they don't work, like blogging.  For example, I hate spelling the word approximately and during work all I have to type in is 'aprox' and it spells out the for me, so much easier...too bad it only works during work!

And have you ever noticed that sometimes when a word is spelled right but spell check says its wrong because you put an 's' at the end.  Silly spell check, I know it's right, stop telling me otherwise!

Also, I tend to get similar words mixed up and end up trying to spell bowl, like bowel.... Haha! Oh the joy of my job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment