Monday, March 23, 2009

Fun in the Sun

Jonathan and I got to go down to Arizona to visit my family for the last time before we move. My brother came down as well, which was great since we haven't had everyone together since they moved down to Arizona last summer. We had such a good time!! We took lots of pictures, went to the park, played in the pool, and ate at In N Out everyday! Haha! It was fabulous!

It was also kinda sad though since we knew that it would be the last time for a while. My family is planning to come and visit us when we are in Sacramento this summer, but after that...who knows. It might not be for quite some time. My sister Amber seemed to really pay attention to the fact that it was the last time we would be together for a while. It hit her pretty hard and on Sunday morning when we left, she started to cry. It made me so sad to see her like that, but it meant SO much to me that she cared that much. Especially since lately, I have been feeling like no one realizes or cares that I'm leaving and I won't be coming back this time. Amber also cried at our wedding, she is such a sweetheart and I love her to pieces!!

Kira and her friend Keith hung out a lot while we were there. We teased her a lot about it, but they were cute. Skyler, my brother, brought down his girlfriend Shantell, and we had a good time spending time with them since we don't seem to see them very often, even though they live just down the street. We had family pictures taken while we were there. The photographer took them outside in the backyard. It was so great not to take them in a studio! I am not really a fan of in studio pictures! I can't wait to see how the pictures turned out!

My Mom gave me a bunch of scrapbooking supplies so that I can get started on doing them on my own. We have made a page with my Mom everytime we came down. We have some cute pages!! She also made me pages for when I have a baby. She made some for a friend and decided to make me some as well. They are so cute!! They are for a boy, and just looking at the pages made me want to have a boy! Haha! She is so talented!! My Dad also took off work so that he could be with us while we were down there. It was awesome to spend so much time with him! I love my family so much and I am really going to miss them!!

On the way home, we ran into a wind/sand storm. It was crazy! We were worried that it might get to the engine, but we made it through just fine.

Other than that, not much else is happening right now. We are just waiting to leave for the summer, though we are WAY busy until then. We have NO free weekends, every single one is booked with one thing or another. I'm excited for it! I'm glad we won't be bored while we wait!! We have 3 other trips planned before we leave for California in just over 1 month. We will be driving out to Sacramento twice so that Jon can get some sales down there. We will also be flying out to Michigan for second look weekend for medical school. I'm excited but nervous too. Most of what is planned is for Jon, so I'll be bored part of the time. Plus we are planning on staying with some of Jon's relatives, who I have only met once before. I don't really like staying at other people's houses, it is just uncomfortable, especially if I don't know them well.

My really good friend Micah is coming home from his mission sometime in the beginning of April!! I am so excited!! It sucks that I won't get to really spend any time with him before I leave, but at least he is coming home before I do so that I can at least say goodbye. He is so great!

Anyway, things are going well!! I'm really excited for what the future has in store for us!!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had lots of fun! I'm sorry it's the last time that you'll be able to visit before you move, but I know that just made you enjoy it even more!

    ReplyDelete