Saturday, April 04, 2009

Going Away Party


We recently had a 'going away' party with some of my friends from high school. We really don't have the time or patience to plan a big party with tons of people, so we did something smaller with just my closest friends. We have other things planned for other groups of friends, I'm excited for those too!!

For the party we had pizza, played Guitar Hero, and chatted and just had a good time. It was pretty fun and I think everyone had a good time. I was really happy to have Mercede there!! I haven't seen her in a while and it was so great to have her at the party! Micah also showed up! He had been home from his mission for about 2 days or so, so I didn't expect him, but Jon surprised me and invited him over! I was way excited! I had a bunch of good friend come as well and I was very glad that they made the effort to come and see me before I leave. Some of them left for a dance later that night...I'm still not sure how I feel about that... and everyone else just left when they had to go.

It was really fun. I'm going to miss being so close to so many friends, but I am way excited to be living far away and make new friends! Things are changing so fast and it is really overwhelming sometimes.

We are in California right now for the weekend! It is absolutely beautiful out here! Not a cloud in sight! It has been windy and a bit nippy though, but it's okay. Our apartments are fabulous!! It feels so cool to be here again, remembering last summer, it almost feels like coming home, even though we were only here for 3 months last year. I decided that I really do love California! Jon would love to move here, and only yesterday I decided that maybe I would love it too. The only issue is that I get REALLY bad allergies out here. Not the sneezy, itchy kind of allergies. I get 'I need to go to the Doctor and get a prescription and an inhaler because I can't breathe' kind of allergies. It's no fun! But other than that?! I LOVE CALIFORNIA!!

I had fun taking random pictures yesterday when Jon was out selling and I was bored at home. Here are a few:


No comments:

Post a Comment