Monday, April 27, 2009

Michiganders


Jonathan and I got back from Ann Arbor last night. It was 81 degrees when we left and only 45 degrees here in Utah when we got here. Too cold. I thought it was funny because whenever we tell people that we are moving to Michigan they tell us how cold it is, yet it was colder here the whole time we were in Michigan.

We found out today that Jon is still on the wait list at Washington, so that puts us back at knowing that we are going to Michigan! It's a bittersweet thing. I decided that I really do love Ann Arbor. I wasn't so sure at first, but the longer we stayed there and the more I saw of it, the more I grew to love it! It's pretty humid there. I wasn't really expecting that since it's not on the ocean, I suppose it's due to the lakes or something. I heard opposite opinions about the winter. Some people said it was about the same as Utah, and others said it was absolutely terrible and freezing. I like the snow, but I don't like the cold too much, so I can't really win. I decided not to worry about it too much since I'll be working at home anyway and won't really have to go outside in the winter anyway. So, there you go. I get to see the snow and stay warm in my house. Haha.

We took a walk around one of the parks in Ann Arbor, it goes around a part of the Huron river. It was so pretty. We saw a lot of pretty birds that we don't see here in Utah, so that was cool. And, oh my gosh, they have SO many raccoons there!! I didn't see any live ones, but about every mile or so there were dead ones on the side of the road. No more dead cats! That's cool. They look pretty funny actually, I hope that doesn't sound mean. I'm sure you don't want me to go into detail about the roadkill. ;)

Anyway, I'm excited to be living there! It seems like a lot of fun and it really is very nice and pretty. The mall was really nice too! Sweet!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're going to like it there. I hear ya on the cold thing ... not my favorite either. Will we get to see you before you leave?

    ReplyDelete