Thursday, August 06, 2009

Goodbye to Friends



The summer is coming to a close and that means that the people out here for the summer are getting ready to head home. There have been quite a few people that have left early and it's always hard to say goodbye, but the worst so far is when our dear friends Ethan and Misty left.

It was really sudden, each time we talked to them during the week they told us that they were leaving earlier and earlier then the original plan until it was suddenly time to go. I came out to say goodbye and I was okay until they brought out Zariah. It felt like my heart broke when I saw her and from that point on there was no going back. I lasted a while but finally started to cry, which of course made Misty cry.

It was a lot different than when Jon and I left Utah in the spring. We were excited about that and we were the ones that were leaving. But this was so sudden and we weren't the ones who were leaving and we got to see them every single day that we were out here and suddenly they are gone.

I just want them to know how much we love and miss them and we can't wait to come and see them in November when we come up to Utah for Thanksgiving. Thanks for being such amazing friends! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment