Monday, October 19, 2009

The Redwoods and Yosemite


Jon and I have been going on road trips every weekend. We spend Sundays (after church of course) going to places we've never been. Last weekend we went to see the Redwoods and this weekend we went Yosemite.

Both places were amazing!! We love driving, so we don't mind the many hours we have to spend in the car. It gives us time to talk and just enjoy each other. We've also been listening to books on CD. We take a picnic, bring the cats with us, and enjoy being together at some amazing places! The redwoods were awesome! The trees were so pretty and BIG! We didn't get to see some of the biggest and most popular areas because they were too far away, but we still got to see some amazing things! It was so beautiful, calming, relaxing, and it smelled amazing! It really made me want to go camping!!

Yosemite was a ton better than I originally expected. I really didn't know much about Yosemite, so I didn't really know what to expect, but it was so fun!! The fall colors were stunning, which we didn't get to see much of in the redwoods since it's mostly pine trees there, and I'm so glad we got to see the colors, I've been missing that a lot this fall!! The waterfalls were so pretty and the cliffs were stunning!! We had tons of fun and took lots of pictures!! AWESOME!

It's been so nice to be able to go out and do things!! I'm so glad that we don't just sit at home all the time, that we get to see the world! I know that we are really lucky, I'm so blessed. My emotions were high today as I realized just how lucky we are. I LOVE OUR LIFE!! I wouldn't trade it for anything! It's perfect just the way it is!!

Next week: Monterey Bay!!


No comments:

Post a Comment