Saturday, March 19, 2011

|{ Selfie Saturdays }|

I started following this lovely blog called Selfie Magic probably.... oh what was it... 6 weeks ago or so, just as she was starting her challenge called Selfie Saturdays.  I LOVE THIS BLOG!! It is BY FAR my favorite one to follow!

What are Selfie Saturdays you ask?  Well, Elena (the gorgeous lady who owns the blog) writes up a tutorial/tip/example post about that weeks theme for taking self photos.  Then on Saturday you link up to her blog with the photos you took.  She is amazing! I learn SO MUCH from her ever single week and I am constantly looking forward the next week!  Then themes are so fun and her photos are so inspiring!

However, I have to admit, I have not been participating in the challenges... I have been wanting to but I always come up with excuses.  My biggest excuse being time and the weather outside being yucky, lame-o I know!  But after this super inspiring post  I felt that I can no longer just watch from the sidelines.  So, I am going to start participating this week! :) I can't wait, in fact, I plan to make up for the weeks I missed and take photos for the past challenges as well.

I decided to start doing it not only because it looks likes a BLAST, which it does, but I think it's really important to make sure we take the time to take pictures of ourselves! I am tired of looking through photos of fun times or vacations or holidays and realizing that are WAY MORE photos of my hubby and other people than there are of me.  I love having photos of myself that are current and I think it's important in order to document your life and all the things you've done.  I hate to think that when I have kids and they get older that when they look back on the photos over the years of their childhood that their mother is not really in them.

I really think that everyone should try doing this, even if you don't think you are 'good enough at photography' or 'don't look good enough', I know I certainly feel that way sometimes but I am excited to use this opportunity to learn and to get better and have more confidence!!

So join me and all the wonderful ladies who are also involved in Selfie Saturdays! What you say?! Let's give this a shot!!

1 comment:

  1. Aaaawww! That's so sweet, Shalay!
    I am super excited that you'll be joining next week! You seem like a really fun creative person, so I cannot wait what you come up with for the future challenges :)

    ReplyDelete