Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chicken, Salmon, and Pouches


Okay, so I need to catch up on the food that I've been making!!

Last week I made Chicken Cutlets with Orange and Arugula!! I really liked a lot of things about this dish!! I LOVED the mixture of the bread crumbs that you cover the chicken with, SO tasty, it called for orange zest to be put into it!!!!! I have a weakness for citrus zest, I really do. I love making chicken cutlets! It's something that I never did until I got back from Italy where I had some at a members home! To make cutlets you pound down the chicken until it's very thin, however, we don't have a meat tenderizer which really would have made things so much easier. I ended up using a hammer...not the best idea I've ever had, and the chicken didn't get thin enough so it took longer to cook and in turn the crust was a little overdone. It still tasted pretty good though. Anyway, after the chicken is pounded down you dredge it in flour, then in eggs, then in your bread crumb mixture! And it was really yummy! It was paired with an Arugula salad with oranges, SO tasty!! I would suggest adding some other kind of lettuce with the salad though, arugula alone was a little strong.

I would give this recipe 4 stars!! I found it on foodnetwork.com.

A few days ago I made Teriyaki Salmon Strips. It was a SUPER super simple dish!! It didn't take very long and there were very few ingredients. It turned out really well. Salmon is one of my favorite types of fish and I'm not a big fan of cooked fish, raw is a whole different story, but cooked... not the biggest fan. It was really good though. A little hard to cook well because you are supposed to cook it on bamboo skewers, so don't try to cook in a big skillet like I did. It would definitely be easier with a grill or George Foreman grill or something like that! :)

I didn't take any pictures of this one. I would rate this recipe 3 stars. I found it on
foodnetwork.com.




This afternoon Jon and I made pouches of tilapia for lunch!! We found this idea last night while we were watching Good Eats. Gosh I love that show!! Alton showed a table of all the different ideas to make these and so we made up our own recipe with that! We had tilapia with broccoli, onion, and arugula. Topped with lime slices, oregano, salt, pepper, rice vinegar, and chicken stock. You wrap that all up in parchment paper and stick in the oven for 15 minutes on 425 degrees and voila, you're done! We made rice to put on the side and it was great!!! It tasted so good and it was fun, fast, and super easy!! We will definitely be doing this again!!

I rate this recipe 4 1/2 stars!!



So there we go! All caught up!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment