Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Orange-Balsamic Chicken with Lemon-Butter Green Beans

I am SO happy to be in my own home and cooking again!! That also means I get to start working on my project again!!!

Tonight I made Orange-Balsamic Glazed Chicken and Lemon-Butter Green Beans with Pine Nuts!

I love cooking so much and these were really fun recipes!! They weren't to hard either, which is always good. Great food with little effort is definitely awesome!! And let me tell you, it was GREAT food!! The chicken was wonderful and the green beans were very tasty!!

The hardest part was cutting the onions and then cooking the balsamic vinegar. They both stung my eyes but the end result was totally worth it! Both Jon and his brother Ben really enjoyed it! Even Ben, who refuses to eat veggies, tried the green beans. He didn't eat most of them but did say they were better than regular green beans so I'm proud of that!

I love the feeling of people enjoying the food I cook! It's such a good, happy feeling!!!

Both of the recipes had a little something that added to the meal in such a cool way. The chicken recipe said to top the chicken with baby arugula and when you ate them together it just added a new dimension to the flavor that made it even better, though it was still super awesome just by itself! The green beans had a similar effect with the added pine nuts, biting into a green bean and a pine nut at the same time was so great! It's fun to experience things like that, the finishing touch that really adds to it! It reminds me of the movie 'Ratatouille' when Remy eats the strawberry and the cheese together!

Both of these recipes can be found on foodnetwork.com and I absolutely suggest that you try them.

I give the chicken FIVE stars and the green beans FOUR stars!! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment