Monday, November 08, 2010

Tis The Season

I can't even tell you the joy that this time of year brings me!!

As soon as I start to see Christmas commercials and ads in the newspaper with little snowflakes or ornaments on them.  I have already taken my time to wander through the Christmas isles of multiple stores! Just doing so brings the biggest smile to my face, a warmth in my heart, and sparkle in my eye that even I can tell is there.

My husband enjoys it too but I think he finds more enjoyment seeing how excited I get.  I definitely do a lot of squealing and it always makes him laugh!



We bought Christmas lights to put on the outside of our house yesterday!! We plan to put them up this week before it gets too cold!  I am so excited! This will the first time since we have been married that we have been able to decorate the outside of our house with lights!! It's going to be great!!!

I am still trying to find a radio station that plays Christmas music out here, but until I do at least I have Pandora!!



And SNOW!! I can't tell you how excited I am for snow!! All my Utah friends have now had it twice and my Rexburg friends got their first snow today and I am dying over here of jealousy!!!

As much as I know some people really despise the snow I can honestly tell you that I have NEVER hated the snow! Not even when it decides to snow in April.  Not even when I am severely delayed in my travels because of it, which happened last winter.  I have never had negative feelings against snow! I love snow!



It's so beautiful and pure. I love the way it silences the world around you and makes everything quiet.  Sure it's cold, but think about, it is MUCH colder on days that there is no snow, especially if there are no clouds in the sky, those winter days are the worst, not the ones with snow!! I think it's even fun to drive in it!!! It's so fun! Just go slow enough and you'll be fine!! I love it at night when the street lights shine on it and turn it orange, and you are driving super slow on the freeway because it is snowing like crazy.  I love all of it!! LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW!!!



I have been singing the song 'Silver Bells' a lot lately. I just love the way it describes Christmastime.

City sidewalks, busy sidewalks dressed in holiday style. In the air there's a feeling of Christmas. 
Children laughing, people passing meeting smile after smile and on ev'ry street corner you'll hear 

Silver bells, silver bells.  It's Christmas time in the city. Ring a ling hear them sing, soon it will be Christmas day 

Strings of street lights, even stop lights blink a bright red and green as the shoppers rush home with their treasures.  Hear the snow crunch, see the kids bunch.  This is Santa's big scene and above all this bustle you'll hear silver bells.

 Isn't it just perfect!?!!'




IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!!!!

All of the pictures are from our big trip we took last winter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment