Sunday, August 21, 2011

|{ Our First Visitor }|

My lovely sister Emberlee came to visit us this summer!! She was here for about 3 weeks and we were just thrilled to finally have a guest.  It meant a lot that she made the effort to come and spend time with me!

I felt bad because I had to work while she was here so we didn't do near as much as we did last summer.  However, we did get to drive up and see Niagara Falls and then go camping! We also went and saw a movie (Crazy, Stupid, Love- it was awesome), watched all of the past episodes of Modern Family, did a photo shoot for her senior photos, moved to a new house, played games, made lots of desserts, and went to the botanical gardens!

So I guess it wasn't a total waste of a trip.  Poor girl had a bad start though when the airport lost her luggage on the way here.  But they had it delivered by the end of the day, so it wasn't too bad. It was super hot and humid while she was here and then a few days after she left it started to cool down and feel more like fall, I wish she could have had better weather! :)

We had a lot of fun having her here and I hope she enjoyed herself enough to want to come back.

Here are some pictures of her time here.  I'll post the senior photos in another post (I just finished editing them, took me way longer than it should have). I'll also post Niagara Falls and camping in another post since I don't want to overload this one with pictures, and I don't want to skimp on photos of those either.

Jon caught a baby frog! That is our toaster, so you can guess the  size.

We played Deal or No Deal!

Doesn't she make a great Howie?

We even found the Deal or No Deal sound effects so play with during our game!

I made a bad deal!

Ember made a great deal!

Jon played all the way to the end, but still couldn't beat Ember's deal.


We went to the Botanical Gardens!

We saw lots of pretty flowers there!!



And a bunny!!

And a gigantic fly that would not leave Jon alone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment