Thursday, February 16, 2012

|{ Overwhelmed }|

I have been doing a lot of research and reading lately about pre-pregnancy, pregnancy, and babies and while I feel like I have learned some good and valuable information and I am also starting to feel really overwhelmed.  I need to start writing down what I need to remember in a readable way because I know I've forgotten at least half of what I've read!

The lovely Elena from The Art Of Making A Baby had her baby girl a few days ago and I decided today that I really need to stop reading all the comments from her readers... They make my head spin and there are a lot of judgmental people who are being much to negative and rude to her.  I feel bad for her but she's pretty awesome and is taking it all well!  They sure are making me feel even more overwhelmed though and often talk about things that I haven't even thought about.  Sometimes I don't even know what they are talking about!! Lol!

I feel like I have so much more research to do, I feel like I don't know anything about babies and I worry that I won't be a good mom because of it.  So for right now I think I just need to take a step back for a few days and get my mind re-wired so I can come at this in a new and better way! I know to some people it may seem like I am going overboard but I just want to be as informed as I can so that I can better know what to expect and how I can have the healthiest baby possible!


4 comments:

  1. You're not going overboard, you care. You want a happy and healthy baby. It's what we all wish for. But trust me when I say no one is ready to have a baby. It doesn't matter how much you plan, how much you want, you'll never be ready. You just have to dive in there, make mistakes, and learn as you go. Trust me! Motherly instincts will come naturally. The best way to have a happy and healthy baby is to be a happy and healthy momma! You'll learn as you go, rely on the mother's around you, and you will be a great mom. You already are because you care so much about the well being of a baby that isn't even here yet. Stop worrying so much! You'll go crazy trying to research everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chelsey! I really appreciate everything you said! It made me feel much better! :)

      Delete
  2. I didn't read any books or anything until I was pregnant. Even then all I looked at was the What To Expect When Your Expecting book. It's a pretty cool book, but you do have to remember all pregnancies are different. They won't go by any book. So do research as you please but keep in mind all things in it may not happen in the pregnancy and other things that aren't even listed in the book. That's why you work with a doctor who you trust and you deal with the pregnancy as it comes. When the baby is born you'll do just fine. You'll get annoyed of all the people's comments about how to raise your kid. You are the mom and you will figure it all out. :) baby's aren't going to be the same of course, some will be kind to you and sleep all night....others won't sleep at all. So when you have a kid your instincts will come and you will figure thins out. There is also the What To Expect Year One book as well. Kind of let's you know what a child may or may not be doing at whatever month...but of course a child will go at his/her own pace not by the book :) its all good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very true, I know I can't learn everything from books! I'm really excited to start the process! :)

      Delete